‘Papad ki Subzi’ is a staple food in many Marwari homes; however, this version hails from the Mewari region of Rajasthan and hence has a twist of Methi Dana and Khada Masala to it! Papad Ki Subzi needs very few ingredients and has a flavor that is distinct and fabulous.
Easy to make and great for days when we don’t have a whole lot of vegetables in the refrigerator to work with. It tastes great with chapattis.
Ingredients of Methi-Dana Papad ki Subzi:
- 100g Dry Fenugreek seeds ‘Methi‘
- 2 nos Papad
- 2g Chopped garlic
- 1g Cumin seeds
- 8g Chaat Masala
- 3g Lemon juice
- 1 pinch Asafetida 1 ( Hing)
- Salt to taste
- 10g Curd
- 3g Red chili powder
- 20g Onion
- 10g Tomato
- 2g Coriander powder
- 1g Turmeric powder
- 4g Chopped coriander
- Soak the Methi (Fenugreek seeds) overnight to remove its hardness
- Prior to use, it is also recommended to boil the Methi (Fenugreek seeds) for 30 minutes to avoid its bitterness
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to check temperature.
- Once the cumin seeds start to pop, add a pinch of asafetida followed by onion and garlic.
- Saute’ this combination for 1-2 minutes. Wait for the onion to take a brown shade
- Add the Methi (soaked and boiled) along with the whole spices, tomato and curd to this mixture and mix well
- Last, add lemon juice and papad and cook for 1 minute
- Garnish with coriander before serving.
- Serve with chapati’s.